Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bookish Love Tag

I've been wanting to do book tags I see on YouTube, but because I don't do videos, I haven't yet. So I thought this would be a perfect one to do since Valentine's Day just passed. This was originally made by Novel Noise. I first saw it from The Readables. Here we go.

1. Three book boyfriends/girlfriends.
I honestly don't think I think like this anymore now that I'm married.
Drizzt
Jon Snow
  1. My first choice will be Rhodry from Katherine Kerr's Deverry Series. I read this book in high school and fell in love with this series. There is reincarnation and I've found that every one that Rhodry was in I loved him. He is a tragic character but totally a loyal one. I am unsure of how the series ends being there is 16 books in the series and I want to re-read them in order to understand what happens in the last installment. 
  2. If I could have had Drizzt from R. A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realm's books as my boyfriend back when I was in high school, I would have! He is kind of an outsider, and I definitely felt like one in HS. He has a mystic to him and is kind (I mean he has a pet panther for crying out loud). Plus he could protect me if need be. 
  3. If I had to think of now, who I would want, most of the guys in literature just don't cut it. However, I think Jon Snow from A Song of Ice and Fire by G. R. R. Martin would be the man for me. I totally might be influenced by Kit Harrington here as well. Oh well ;)

2. Three OTP's (One True Pairing)
  1. Aang and Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender by Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko
  2. Samwise and Rosie from Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
  3. Becky and Luke from Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series

3. Favorite first kiss
This one is really hard for me. I don't pay attention/remember most of the first kisses written in books. I'd have to say Aang and Katara's first kiss is probably the most memorable because it was a long time in the waiting.

4. What couple had the greatest sexual tension?
I love the sexual tension between Merry Gentry and her Darkness and Frost. This series is a bit graphic and probably my first and only (as of yet) taste of erotica but with a magical fantasy twist. I still have to read the new one that was just released in July 2014... but it's been 4 years since I read the first 8 so I'm not sure what I'm going to need refreshing with.


On Valentine's Day, which couple would...

 

5. ...go to a fancy restaurant?
I feel that Becky and Luke from Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series would go out to a ritzy restaurant, with Luke reeling Becky's spending in of course. This series is one of my guilty pleasure reads and I just got Mini Shopaholic #6 in the series and I have to read #7 and #3.5 as well. The writing was done so well that even though I hated Becky's poor decision making skills, I couldn't put any of the books down because I had to know what happened next.


6. ... have a quiet picnic/walk on the beach?
I believe Jacob and Marlena from Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen would make perfect candidates for the couple to have a romantic picnic together. I loved this book as well as the movie. I am also impressed because this book was written during NaNoWriMo.


7. ... stay at home and watch a movie (Netflix)?
I would say that Todd and Viola from Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking series would probably stay in and watch a movie. This is an excellent series that everyone who loves fantasy and sci-fi MUST read this trilogy.


8. ... go dancing?
So I never read this book, but Allie and Noah seem to me to be the type to go out dancing. It's unfortunate that our current society doesn't value dancing as much as it used to be. It is so romantic and brings two people together in a way that texting and typing just can't. One day I will read The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks.








9. What couple do you want to get together?
This was by far the hardest questions I have. I was originally going to say Harry and Hermoine from Harry Potter. But the pairing for Ron and Hermoine makes sense so that Ginny stays in the loop. Very hard decisions must be made by authors.

If I could pair two characters together and have a story it would be Galadriel from LOTR and Drizzt from The Forgotten Realms. I think they would make a kick ass team in the fantasy world. They each have their inner demons and chose the light while being tempted by the dark. Plus they are both elves which is an unintentional bonus.
I do have one more idea for this category though. I really want Cassie and Ben from The Fifth Wave series by Rick Yancey to get together. This is still up in the air being we just got the second book back in September 2014.

10. What couple do you HATE that everyone else LOVES?

This one was could make some people mad... and I don't HATE them, I just dislike them. I just really don't like Hazel and Augustus from The Fault in our Stars by John Green. I think this book was ok, but not as great as everyone hyped it up to be. I felt like this book was a little lack luster and in all honesty a bit like Nicolas Spark's A Walk to Remember. The latter had a much deeper plot development as well as character development and makes it hard for me to like something that to me is less.





No comments:

Post a Comment